Sunday, May 27, 2018

prayer

Dear Father,

Thank you, my Heavenly Father, for your love. You see us as all that we are, all our faults, our shortcomings, our mess-ups, our insecurities, our weaknesses, our selfish pride... and yet You love us, You love us, keeping no account of our faults, our sins, our inadequacies. You just want our hearts, to love us so, so much so we can find the only unmovable joy, a joy that nothing in this world can give us, to show us who we really, really are, made in Your image, a new name, so we know who we can become sons and daughters of God.

Thank you for your "just because" love, Father. You love us just because, and if you love us like this, I will also love others just because. Please continue to change my heart so people can see not me but You through me.

I pray that You will continue to change us into the people that You created us to be. I pray that You remove anything self righteous in me, so I can see things through Your eyes, to see others as Your children. Give us peace in this chaotic world. Remind us that You know our pain, because you humbled yourself by becoming one of us. You know the entire depths of our hearts. Remind us that while we live in an imperfect world with selfishness, fractured relationships, and hate, You are perfect.

Give us the wisdom and strength to bring Your kingdom here. We praise you with all that we have. You are worthy of all praise.

Thank you, Father. I pray in Your name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment