Ok, for a few people who know me, I think they know that I'm a hugger. I think the human touch is very powerful, and sometimes that's what just what one person might need to get through something.
With all that, though, I've also encountered people who don't like hugs. Honestly I'm not sure the reason behind it (I mean, I've heard reasons such as personal space and such but hugs are designed to go pass that so I don't know why that is an argument), but sometimes I just can't actually decide whether I want to give them a hug or not, and usually that becomes slightly awkward.
Another thing too, I usually don't go for a tap-or-pat-on-the-shoulder hugs, but rather like a hug that can support someone physically, one that actually holds them. I mean, if you're going for a hug, just do the real one. Why do a shallow and potentially awkward hug? Just hug! Give them a little rub on the back too because it's a nice feeling. It's not even a big deal.
I guess I'm just more or less saying that I often find myself hesitant to either give a hug or not because not many people like hugs. It sometimes really confuses me.
That's my rant for the night. I might have more later, who knows.
No comments:
Post a Comment