I remember a few years ago (back in high school?) that I started noticing what people call me. By that I mean what name did they use to address me. Most people just call me by my first name Tim, some Timmy, one person (I miss you!) calls me Timmy Tim. I love that.
But some people call me first and then last name. I mean, that's fine, but after a while I realized that I don't really like it. It feels too detached for some reason. Saying the two doesn't have a sense of familiarity to it
And I guess this is partially confirmed by who uses what name. As in, a lot of people I don't really know uses my full name instead of Tim, Timmy, or even Timmy Tim. Plus, it feels like they put their feeling into it. It's kinda like, when you're comfortable around someone, you don't use their full name, but rather you come up with something that's more familiar and informal. I like that.
Well, that's my rant for the night.
that time i wrote this. http://icandreamnomore.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/names.html
ReplyDeleteOhhh I forgot about this post :3 *likes*
Delete