-----
Sept 21, 11
So I was, like I usually do, surfing imgfave between my working schedules, aka after my mythology and anthropology class and before my orgo class. It wasn't long until I came upon a picture of something staring at a couple of white canvases, with text all over it. It's not exactly this one but this is a similar one without any texts:

Well, the texts on the original image that I saw said "TOO DEEP FOR YOU." It was great because the person standing in front of it looks like he's blanking out or confused. What would someone think of if he/she finds himself/herself standing in front of the canvas? Was that person thinking about the color white? Maybe why it is "blank"? But is it blank? Does "blank" mean it's "empty"? Why would the painter (if he is still considered as having "painted" it) "paint" something blank, or rather, leave the canvas empty?
My first reaction to that wasn't why he did any of that, though. I imagined myself standing in front of the canvas, and I simply started filling the canvas with scenes from my own life, or scenes I want to see in my own life. I saw myself, who I were, who I am, and who I want to be; the fact that I saw a blank, empty canvas, I immediately thought that I could fill it with something artistic of my own. I didn't see emptiness in the painting, but rather it illuminated some of the blank spots somewhere in me that I wish were there.
And honestly, it turns out to be a face.
What would you have run through your mind if you were there?
No comments:
Post a Comment