Thursday, June 6, 2013

the small changes

I want to point out a few small things that I have changed, or started doing, and perhaps the reasons why, as well.

To begin, I started using "bud" and "buddy" a lot (if you have known me for a while you'll know). I actually started using them because of a friend who uses it quite often. In a way, it creates a sort of bond between the addresser and the addressee, as the name suggests. I think that may have been the reason why I started doing it. I used to just use people's names, but I decided to start using "bud" if I want to express familiarity or the desire of such. I haven't decided if it's for the better or worst, yet. I mean, it enables me to interact with people easier, but at the same time it almost sounds shallow at times.

Thanks to my supervisor, I started saying "fair enough." She says it so much that about a quarter of the times it didn't even make sense. I should start a nickel jar for the times I restrained myself from saying "fair enough"...

I think I have unconsciously started to find a mental comfort place before falling asleep because I feel like it's sometimes the only way I can fall asleep. As in, it would be the only effective way to stop my mind from wondering and settle down because I am in a certain place that calms my mind and heart. I never remembered actually doing that until some point this year, I believe. Not sure if that's just plain normal or what lol

My brain refuses to do math a lot of the times. Not sure if I'm just getting lazier or what.

I think that's it for now. I bet there are more but that's all that came to my mind atm. Peace out, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment