So I can talk about my awesome yesterday now that I have time!
Woke up, got dressed all fancy, borrowed my roommate's red tie, relearned how to tie a tie, packed my stuff and went to my psych class.
We learned about literally neurons for the 300th time. Nothing exciting in class.
Went to Career Services afterward. I went there just the day before so I know where to go exactly. The interview room number was 511, so I naturally thought it'd be on the 5th floor. Now this building looks really short, so it doesn't look like there is even a 2nd or 3rd floor. Either way, I went in, looked around on the first floor, and the room numbers were 5XX. "Uh, alright," I thought to myself. I looked around but 511 doesn't exist, so I went to the front desk and asked. The guy just pointed at himself. Oh, alright.
I signed in at the main desk and was instructed to go downstairs. As I was waiting there with a few familiar faces, a recruiter came out and explained that a recruiter couldn't make it and therefore our interviews duration will be cut in half (now 15 min each instead of half hour). I began to wonder how they can do a good interview in 15 mins.
A friendly-looking lady was my recruiter. She asked me a few generic questions, wanted to ask me if I would have transportation during summer, why I wanted to work with Genzyme, questions like that. I think it went really well! I left a few good lucks to the other applicants who were still waiting.
Had lunch with a friend, we caught up, talked about silly and stupid people, what we did over the past few days, and had a good time.
I went back to my dorm and tried to do a little studying but more or less just chilled. All of a sudden I remembered that I still had my pad thai from Monday so I had that before my pchem exam at 7. Left around 6:30, got there and met up with a few friends. The exam turned out to be rather ok (thanks to the similarity to the past exams). Good day so far.
I came back and checked mail, and guess what I got? A postcard from a lovely friend who's abroad in Italy! That was such a highlight of my night. And then I got a wings burger too.
Tried to finish Skywards Sword also but realized I was tired so I just watched Perfect Pitch and then went to sleep after. Half way through the movie my power went out, so I finished it and went up stairs to a friend's to charge up my baby.
Went to sleep around...2. Yea ok -____-
So that was my day! Honestly it was one of the best days. I can say that I enjoyed it thoroughly. I mean yea there were some negative thoughts and events, but I have chosen not to feel them.
Good day it was, I tell ya.
No comments:
Post a Comment