Friday, March 22, 2013

greatest gift

I was out with my mom all day, did a lot of shopping and suited up for life, more or less (got some shirts and ties and dress pants, yep). One the topics that came up in the car was my name, how on my birth certificate it says, "Timothy" instead of just "Tim." Well, honestly I never really liked the full name Timothy; I thought it's a bit too long and a mouthful, plus it's not as smooth and informal as just "Tim." In any case, though, it does mean "honoring God," so I guess I won't be really changing it. Worst comes to worst, I'll just make sure every piece of legal document has the right name, and just let people know that I'd preferred the nickname/short hand name.

Oh yea, started on a bucket list page. Go check it out!

I tumblr'ed on this amazing quote that I just got to share:
The greatest gift you can give to somebody is your own personal development.
I used to say, "If you will take care of me, I will take care of you."
Now I say, "I will take care of me for you, if you will take care of you for me." 
-Jim Rohn 
There's the transition of loving others to loving yourself. As sad as it is, sometimes people don't love themselves as much as they should. This is acknowledging and a plead to do so, without saying that you need them, but you need them to be well, independent, and strong-willed. It's not the typical, "oh I love you so much I'll treat you so well," but it's asking the other person to grow with you, along side of you, as two different people.

This gift is the gift of experience, demonstration of maturity, and the understanding of life.

Doo da rite shingggggggggg

No comments:

Post a Comment