Don't think about being "in love" as a state of being. Treat love as a an action and a choice. I love my wife every day, even if I don't particularly like her that day, that week or sometimes even that month.
I love her by spending time with her.
I love her by doing the dishes every night, making my son's lunch for school and taking out the trash without being asked. I love her by telling her she's beautiful even when she feels like she isn't.
I love her by choosing to put aside what I want to do for something she wants to do when appropriate and by actually listening to her when she talks about how hard her day was, even if I feel like my day was harder.
Love is not a feeling. Infatuation and lust are feelings. If you approach relationships from a perspective of your needs > their needs, you will find yourself very bitter and lonely over and over. When you find someone that is worth putting ahead of your feelings (I don't mean to imply that everyone is), choose to love them, even when it's hard.
This is why I'm sticking around, because it's worth it. It is no doubt, without a single hint of hesitation, worth sticking around.
It'd be nice if someone gave me a chance for once, eh?
That would be nice.
It'd be nice if someone gave me a chance for once, eh?
That would be nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment