Monday, October 1, 2012

that hell week

As of an hour ago, my week had been chaotic and frantically busy. I think it's fair to say that this week defined the word "busy."

Let's see what I had: about 3 chapters of BioChem 523 to note, BioChem 523 test Monday (today), a Chem 551 exam last Friday, and about roughly 60 pages of history reading.

Idk if this sounds like a lot, but it was. Because I also have work 7-10 pm three days of the week. If I didn't have to prepare for exams, my week would have been so much less stressful, but I did, and it was mad stressful. My weekend consisted of just waking up, work, eat, work, eat, work, sleep, and I still ended up sleeping at 3 am. And after everything was done, I finally had time to dedicate my time to 523 studying today at 2 pm for my exam today at 7 pm. Hell week, indeed.

I did get a few things that got out of this week though. First of all, I need to dedicate more time to my organic chem class. Yep, because I got a 57.5 on my first exam. Even though it sorta translates to a B ish, it's still a failing grade. I went to class today expecting just a lecture, and my face went half pale when I saw the TA take out a stack of paper. Damnit, I didn't want to see my grade...more than half of the class failed, but w/e. Granted that I could only spare roughly 2-3 hours to study for that exam....I guess a 57 was deserved :(

Also, need to take notes for history rather than highlight. I just forget what I read afterwards, especially if I decide to read stuff in advance, which happens quite frequently.

Oh yea, my tutor sessions. My organic 2 tutee didn't show up Sunday. I was kinda sad. Hopefully I'll see her tomorrow. Actually, no one really showed up for tutor Sunday except for this one girl who did 30 mins before closing. Idk if I should be expecting anyone or something because I think I could have studied more rather than paying attention to who had walked in to look for a tutor. Oh well. I still love my job so it's ok :)

My 523 exam today went alright. I was expecting it to be harder, which is always good. I missed a few one-pointers but that's no biggie, not too worried about those.

Alright, on another note, I ordered a new laptop case for GliDos (my laptop, if you didn't know that :D), but it actually turned out to be too small for it. I literally just facepalmed, big time. I thought I got all the dimensions too, but he case was more rigid than I thought so it couldn't stretch like the one I have can. I just wanted more spare room for my laptop case... :(

As a result, I issued a return on Amazon got a giftcard, but now I gotta ship the case back. And you know what, I don't have packaging tape. Actually, no one has packaging tape. I'm so sad that I might have to go buy some, just to return an internet purchase :( I have a month to do so, and I guess I'll ask EVERYONE. Wish me luck? Yep.

OK ON A HAPPIER NOTE: I ORDERED MY NEW PHONE! It will be HTC One X. Look at this beauty.

JUST. LOOK. AT. IT. WILL YOU JUST LOOK AT IT. JUST LOOK AT THAT.

kudos to those who got the reference ;)

I'll post more pictures when it arrives. I think it should be here in two days too. 2 DAYS. How exciting is this?!

Also, found this incredibly great website yesterday. Please please please check it out: What if-xkcd

Oops, this is kinda getting long. I'll cut it off here, and maybe do another one later if I have more rant. I hope your week hasn't been as hectic as mine had been. I haven't even been able to celebrate my birthday for realz. :(

Later, my small number of readers out there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment