Monday, October 29, 2012

sandy

Many places are heavily affected by Hurricane Sandy today, if not already yesterday. It's still going around the New England area, and most likely will continue to bring a good amount of rain and very high wind speeds to wherever it decides to pass. 

Yes, the weather wasn't terrible today; in fact, it only started raining later in the afternoon. The prediction yesterday was slightly off. That's only because Sandy was slow, in my opinion. But the prediction was a prediction, and the campus closed today as a result. Now, with the possibility of Sandy actually striking tomorrow, it is safe to say that the entire Umass population was wishing no classes tomorrow, even some professors. I mean, what if Sandy does hit harder tomorrow? 

Well, it doesn't matter anymore because everyone had been waiting from 7:30 til just about half an hour ago for an answer, and the answer is yes, it will be a normal Tuesday as if Sandy was never here. 

What do you know? I'm not saying that Sandy will hit harder tomorrow or want to, but I'd like to see how they respond if it does, putting people in danger. 

Alright, my rant is over. Gonna shower and head off. Still a bit annoyed by the decision but I guess I just gotta get soaked tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment