Eleven years ago, a tragic event occurred that struck not only deeper into our souls but also-once again-pierces the idea of humanity.
I wasn't in the states at the time. In fact I haven't moved to the states yet (I did that about 3 years later). The attack of 9/11 left everyone dumbfounded at the capabilities of humans to do atrocious things. Yes, I wasn't nearly close to the incident, but every single channel on the TV told of the truth that no one wanted to believe. Every frame seemed straight from a sci-fi movie, except it was very real. I was young, and I certainly did not realize the extent of this event. I remember thinking, "wow, did this really happen? Wow, that's terrible." Maybe it appeared more real to my parents when they're watching the news. But that didn't matter at all. Because it was an act that disregarded the value of human lives, and no one has to be there to know this.
I didn't lose anyone close to me on that day. My parents didn't lose anyone close to them on that day. But you know what? I know that there are people whose close ones have been in those buildings and planes, working, supporting their families, doing good work. That day could have been any day, it doesn't matter when or where it happened, but it happened.
Sorry for the rant, I guess I wanted to write something more than just a "status for 9/11." I'm not saying that a short status is any worse or lacking than a longer post, but I just wanted to write down my mind and thoughts.
Maybe the hijackers have tried to make a point. But human lives shouldn't be the medium.
You can see everywhere saying something like "911, we will always remember" or "never forget." These go so much further than just to remember the victims and human violence. What is it that we should remember? To remember human capability, what we are capable of and what we can do because we can; to remember evil can come from anywhere; to remember that innocent people are always there; to remember that fear can strike deeper than we ever imagined; to remember that everything we do can have everlasting impact on people's lives.
My words, thoughts, and prayers go out to those who have lost their lives eleven years ago, the ones who had loved ones lost eleven years ago, and those who had been in the vicinity and experienced a similar, if not as strongly, encounter to human atrocity. May they rest in peace in heaven, may God comfort the grieving, and may this serves as a reminder of what should never, ever, be done.
Love and hugs out to everyone :')
Think about the love inside the strength of heart
Think about the heroes saving life in the dark
Think about the chance I never had to say
Thank you for giving up your life that day
No comments:
Post a Comment