But yea I'm not really a drinker to begin with so I feel like it's just another birthday! Plus the expectations of other people for me to get hammered xD Yeaa probably not really gonna happen. I might drink a little, but I just kinda don't like to drink. *shrug*
Oh well, today was just as busy as any other day.
BUT. I do have a story and a half to tell.
So during my tutor shift last Sunday, someone came to me for tutor an hour into my shift. The training session did say that it was peer to peer, and I knew that, but for some reason it just didn't click then so I was little surprised about having the same tutee returning to me whenever they need help, etc. Anyways, So I helped her with organic 2 and the lab, and I gave her my shifts, and the session lasted for two hours.
Now yesterday (Tuesday), I came in for my shift, signed in, grabbed my name card, sat down, and saw her coming in. To be honest I was a bit excited to see her again, 'cause she was an awesome tutee (not to mention she's kinda cute :3) She has an organic exam Thursday so she wanted to come in for more questions. As we went over stuff, she told me that she came in early that day to find someone to tutor her organic, and the tutor who tried to help her did not get too far / was confusing. She said my way of explaining things just clicks with her. She also added that after our Sunday session she went home and did more problems and were able to do all of them without much trouble.
Honestly, this is like, the best birthday present ever. I'm not even kidding. It's the best feeling to know that your explanation and information are taken and absorbed; that it was put to good use, and it helped someone and they're happy.
Best. Feeling. Ever.
I love my job.
AND my other birthday present was the unexpected mini party my friends threw me after I came back to the room from studying. This is the awesome cake they bought:
Ice cream cakes are awesome! :D
I think that's it for this post. It's almost 1:30 am and I have an appointment with the research department tomorrow at 10 am so I need some sleep x) Adv. organic exam FRIDAYYYYY AHHHH. AND biochem exam Monday. Really stressed out about this, but at least I'm looking forward to my LRC shift tomorrow ;)
G'night guys!

No comments:
Post a Comment