Soooo, I haven't written in almost a week, since the move. I mean, I could have written but everything's been mad busy and I've been exhausted day after day. As of now, I've all moved in to my new dorm, ready for my junior year in college. However, there's a floor meeting in about 5 mins so I will be putting this post on hold while I drop by the meeting for about half an hour. Will be back after!
---50 mins later---
Yea so that was boring as usual. I knew it too, but I guess I was just being optimistic so I went down with some expectation of something fun. Anyways, I'll write for 10-15 mins as it is almost 1 am.
To pick up where I left off, I wrote last Tuesday about the Verizon installation guy and the process of the installation. Wednesday was the moving day, and we got an Asian moving company (J-Dar Movers) to help, as expected of Asian parents. Anyways, they've called the company a few times before the actual moving date to get quotes and such, we had to pick up a drier and washer from my aunts first, and so my parents went to my aunt's to let them grab those. When they arrived to my house though, the first thing the Asian boss said as he saw our stuff was more or less along the lines of "Are you f***ing kidding me."
Now, I've been really tired packing and moving already, and now this stranger comes into my home, supposedly helping us relieving our burdens by moving our stuff, said that. I almost immediately lost all respect for the guy. He had two Mexican movers with him, and their attitudes were great. But this Asian "boss" was cussing, swearing, complaining all day. My dad went on the truck to help, and I brought some stuff up to our car for us to bring over ourselves. It looked like one truck/trip would be enough, but we agree to have a second trip done for the cost of half of the first trip, first trip $450, second trip $250.
Out of nowhere (I wasn't at the scene because I went to pick up my brother), the boss got pissed for some reason and said that the second trip is now $350, yelling and cussing like he did. My dad got pissed and said he's being very unprofessional, and the boss decided to not move any more of our stuff, demanded the payment in cash, and proceeded to drive whatever loaded to the new house.
At this point, my mom called me and told me to come back, saying that there's been a fight before my dad and the movers (just the boss, verbal). I drove back and headed, with them, to our new place. We had to help unload, while the boss watched with words and complains under his breath. It turned out that we still have about a third of our stuff at the old house. After everything's off the truck, we demanded a receipt, and he reluctantly wrote one and left.
The moral of this story is: Don't get Asian movers, especially not J-Dar Movers. Their attitudes are incomparably despicable. Yes, I know, this doesn't apply to every Asian, but the chances are greater.
Two days later we got a U-Haul truck and moved the rest ourselves. I was gonna drive it but my dad was going to work soon so I didn't.
Two days after that (Sunday), I moved back to school, without my keyboard because it's too big for us to fit that and also everything else. As a result, my guitar shall suffice for the meanwhile. Now I'm settled in for the most part!
Alright, it's 1:18 am, I need to head off. Why am I always the last person asleep...zz G'night peeps, I'll do part 2 tomorrow :)
No comments:
Post a Comment