Saturday, August 25, 2012

fairness

MCAT's over! My 1.5 week summer has begun >:) Score comes out in 30 days or so. I think I did ok (not gonna jinx anything, ya know...) Now we can actually start doing moving shenanigans. 

---

You know, after I decided to write the song, I've been thinking about how to do it, what meaning would it have, and what kind of music would it be. I mean, it's most likely going to be a piano piece, just because that's the easiest-accessed instrument on campus once I go back. But that's just the beginning because there are obviously a lot of things I have to consider, like key, tone, mood, pace, etc. 

Even name. A name tells so much. 

I was doing a little brainstorming for its name. I wasn't sure if I should start with the name or the music first. They're two different approaches: naming it first gives the music a purpose, but writing the music first means to find a name that fits when the music is written. I thought it was different to name it, because it's mostly going to be a dedication and naming it with a dedication sounds a bit lame. 
Just about two days ago when I was heading to bed, a thought hit me. I realized that, for the past-nearly the entire summer-I've been trying to make something that's not mine, mine. I realized all of a sudden that I was being very unfair and unrealistic to myself, and it's beyond pointless. She's happy, why bother her. It's pointless to cling to things that won't happen. But it was still hard to completely let it go, to let go of the thought. I needed a closure of some sorts. 

And then I know what to name my song. I know it's going to be that closure. It's going to be Leira. 

Hopefully it won't take too long to write. 



No comments:

Post a Comment