I went back to my home town (yea, my home town) today to see a friend, Em, who's back from college. I was early so I just read and went to mail a letter for D. God, I missed the commons. What I did find out, though, was that they are doing construction along the river...and thus my river spot also and I couldn't go read there. It was sad that I didn't get to see it =/
Another note, I straightened my hair. Omg it's so smooth hehehehe. I only straightened some of it (yea I don't think I'll ever get hair long enough to have a good straightening) so if I brush my hair a bit more the original fuzzy hair comes up from underneath x.x Normally, with this amount of hair I'll have to get a haircut real soon. With straightened hair, though, it's so much flatter and it actually settles! I might not need a haircut for another like...month or so. We'll see, though :)
So how was my day? We went to grab some food, aka scallion pancakes (yes China Sky's is much better than Great Mandarin's, it's like a revelation) and some rice and dumplings. It was 3pm something when we got there so there was no one at the restaurant. Oh yea, we pretty much managed to confused the heck out of the waitress when we said we wanted to split the bill. I don't know how we did it, but she was beyond confused and I kinda felt bad haha...oh well. I guess I should probably refrain from more munny spending this summer if I don't plan on getting a job, shouldn't I..
Nevertheless, it was a good time to be getting food and talking about just random stuff. We should definitely do it again..and probably small amounts of munny next time hah...I'm going broke too, Em.
Oh by the way, I looked through my posts looking for something that I thought I wrote and realized that I never actually wrote one. So here it is:
I was going through my old wall posts and I came upon one post that caught my attention. It was your post about visiting me at DD last summer for coolattas (which are, btw, a way to OD on sugar but I guess it's ok). I would like to say thanks because your "I miss you" comment was the first one that did not sound obligated, a first "I miss you" that did not sound obligated or forced, if you know what I mean. Let me see how I should put this...it was the first time that I actually felt missed by someone. Yes, other people have said similar things, but for the most part those words were just words. I think it's important to out how "I miss you" is such an easy obligated phrase to say, even though I've never found myself saying that just because a situation called for such a phrase; rather, when I say it, I actually mean it. I'm not sure what went through my head when I first read that comment, but it certainly wasn't much because I only realized it after I went back and looked at it a couple more times. It was then when I realized that I knew how I felt when I read that but I couldn't put it to words at first.
So I want to say thanks. It might not be anything to you, but it meant a lot to me. Thank you, Em.
Oh yea! This was the A Capella cover I was talking about :)
Wow it's only 10. This is a record. Well, I think I'm gonna go take a shower and then probably a game of LoL but sleep after. Good day though :) It was good being back to my town for a bit.


No comments:
Post a Comment