Wednesday, April 18, 2012

more letters

I've known Gravity by Sara Bareilles for a long time now. I've listened to it for a long time, and it's always been one of my favorites. 


But it wasn't until this morning when I realized what she meant. What the lyrics meant. 
I never wanted anything so much more than to drown in your love and not feel your rain. 
It haven't rained recently, but I figured it out. Well, I don't know if that's what she meant by her own lyrics, but this is what I felt, how I interpreted it. And you know, it's right, to not want to feel your rain but get drowned in your love instead; to not stand in the rain, let the molecules soak through your clothes, your skins, your bones, your soul, yet you are only trying to feel her soul, soaking through. Rain becomes her, and you become insignificant. Yet she's rain, and that's all she is. That's all she'll ever be, the periodic rain that sweeps you off your feet when it's here, then you're left in the cold when it's gone. But for some reason, you go back into the rain when it's here again, so you can just...feel. With that said...I still love the rain. Yes, the feeling may be true, but like I said, I still enjoy it. It reminds me again that there are things in this world that can touch my soul. And yea, it alllways reminds me of you, Ariel. Hope you are having fun back home :)


I think it is going to rain this weekend. I hope a storm comes. Ariel would love that. 


I can't keep blogging for too long because I have an exam in less than 4 hours, and I need more studying so I'm going to make this short. I got your letter(s) last night when I checked mail, and I read over it after finishing a lab report last night also. I gotta say, when I took the mail out of the mailbox, I was so excited that I finally got your letter x) Little did I realize that it was roughly four letters in one envelope until I opened it, and it gave me the best feeling in the world that I got mail in the mail. I guess I just want to say that noo, we are not on break or anything, I've just been really busy at random intervals and haven't been able to really blog well enough / read / write letters. If I find a good time to do so before finals and everything I will definitely do so, in which case would be next week/this weekend. But I must say, in the least, that I missed you and our conversations. You're right, it needs to happen again, soon if not during summer. *hug* 


On another note, it's my rooommate's birthday today :) Maybe we'll get wings, maybe we won't. Probably play cards, I think. Anyways, we will sure find something fun to do after my exam at 7. 


I guess I should head off now. Gotta go to a review session in an hour and a half. Best luck to exam-takers hah x) 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got the letters! Actually five minutes ago i was thinking of sending you an email asking you if you got them because i won't be on facebook for at least two weeks. And then i thought hey,he would say something on his blog wouldn't he? And there you are :)
    Good luck with your exams!

    ReplyDelete