After some thoughts, I'm planning on taking a week off of work to study for MCAT.
For a few reasons:
1) I really think this is what I need right now in terms of my studying. While I try to study whenever I can, I can't find a time period long enough for a solid study. It's always like an hour here and there, and that hasn't proved too helpful.
2) Aside from the review part, I need to get down my time managing skills. So far I've been taking a bit too long on my passages and that's not good at all. Extra and actual time to dedicate myself to improve my time managing skills will be absolutely crucial.
3) Additionally, I want to see how much I can improve in one week's time. Work ends Aug 16, which means I have almost two weeks of actual studying I could still do before my MCAT. If I can gauge my week-long's progress, I should have a pretty good estimate as to how much I need to study, and how close I am to my target score. I want to at least get a 32.
So that's that. I'm thinking of taking the next week off. I'll be losing out around $550 for a week's pay but I mean, if I can make serious progress (like a friend said), it is totally worth it. Plus, work is another 5 weeks ish, so that's only missing out on one out of six weeks' pay (I haven't gotten paid for my last week yet).
That's my current plan for my absolutely hectic summer. I hope you are all doing well, readers :)
No comments:
Post a Comment