Sunday, July 7, 2013

people and trials

You know the saying somewhere along the lines of "some friends stay and some leave; those who leave teach you a lesson, and those who stay are the ones worth keeping?"

Well, now I have a slightly different opinion.

I think that people are simply just people, with their own personalities and qualities; they aren't "destined" to teach you a lesson and then leave. Rather, I believe all the people who come into your life teach you lessons to shape you into a better person. Meeting all kinds of people sharpens your socialization skills, and I believe that He put these people into your life for that purpose.

Some people only need a handful of people and friends to be able to keep most of them around. Some need more people and time to begin learning how the world works, how people think, how to be appropriately sensitive at certain times. They slowly learn how to truly care for people in many different situations.

Don't get me wrong now. I am in no way justifying the actions of the people who came into your life, screwed with your feelings, and left. From that, you learned something. From that, I bet that person learn something as well, but the two lessons must be different: maybe you realized you're naive,  maybe they found how they prioritize, maybe vice versa, or maybe both. Sometimes the lessons are not so obvious, nor are the people always going to stick around after the class.

Whether they stick around or not, you've gained experience, something that truly matters in real life. If someone sticks around, then they enjoy your company enough to experience and learn how to live and love along(side) with you.

Either case, you are learning from human encounters. That is, if you are willing to learn and make use of that experience.

You can almost think of the people who have left to be "failed" experiments of interaction. They are all preparing you for your countless successful ones yet to come--the ones that really matter.

Just my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment