Tuesday, July 17, 2012

song of the week #7

I got back from NH Sunday and I forgot to post a song of week yesterday. Terribly sorry D: 




Here's an arrangement of Grenade by Bruno Mars performed by Lindsey Stirling, Alex Boye, and Salt Lake Pops Orchestra. A few things first: Lindsey Stirling, if you haven't heard of her, does this choreography violin performance (pretty cool!) Be sure to check out her other videos too, she has a one or two on Skyrim also :D 


Alex Boye, as I have just found out recently, is an amazing singer. Not sure what native language he is speaking (if you know the language, that's pretty cool :D), but it gives the music a totally different style of approach and makes it interesting and exciting. 


Lastly, the Salt Lake Pops. Omg I miss my high school orchestra even more after listening to them. They're an orchestra that (are beginning to?) focus on contemporary music and rewriting them into orchestral pieces for the mass. I think this is an amazing feat and you can even download the arrangements on their site for free! They're amazing :) 


Anyways, give this song a listen and I hope you enjoy it :) 


-l.h-

No comments:

Post a Comment