Sunday, July 29, 2012

moving perks

Just like any summer, there's always that great possibility that I might move again. And guess what! I'm moving again! I mean this time I'm moving back to my old town Winchester. I'm lucky enough to have boxes available from my old boss. Although moving this piano will be a pain as always. I don't even play it because it's terribly out of tune and I have a keyboard anyways (and I bring it to college). 


On a side note, I also noticed that my family have placed the base of the plasma TV slightly off and towards the back of the TV stand so that only about 70% of the base is actually on the stand, with the back edge of the base hanging off the back. I noticed this when I took apart the table next to the TV stand, and I was rather shocked that they did that because, even though nothing has happened (thank God), this is a terrible idea and should never do that to any TV. I'll make sure of that after we move...sorta, if I have enough time to before I go back to school. 


Since I've moved so much, I guess I will mention some "perks" of relocating all and every single item you own, if you will. 


1) You get to clean out the ENTIRE house. When I said entire, I mean what's inside this box, that box, what's behind this drawer, inside the closet, behind the closet, pretty much under everything that's movable. 


2) You go through the "do I even need this" phase. My brother had boxed up quite a few art supplies that he thought would come in handy in case he has his spontaneous creative moments. Turns out that he had decided to toss out a decent chunk of his "collection." I mean, it all comes down to fewer things to carry over, right? It's all good! Same goes for books, like this (I don't know why) encyclopedia thingy that my dad has. He's recently been intrigued by the amount of information the internet can carry (that's my parents for you). When he found those books he just said, "wow I can Google faster." I have never been more proud. *man tears*


3) You find all the hidden treasures. Well, by treasures I mean more like the unexpected large number of ethernet cables that we own (same goes to coaxial and phone cords). I found my third grade group picture, taken at the basketball court. I don't even remember the people much anymore because that was back in Taiwan and...well, I was in third grade. I don't have the picture scanned yet but when I do, it's coming on here alright :) I'll do an edit.


4) Last but not least, the excitement of moving into a new home. Yea, it's exhausting and tedious, especially when you have so much shit that the presence of "stuff" just demotivates you. Once you pull through and get everything in those Dunkin's boxes, though, that stack of your property gives you a different sense of accomplishment. You also know that they don't have any sorts of junk in them (well, unless you decide that you want to keep some). You get to think, "ohhh, where do I put this," "what color do I paint my room," "we should get new furniture," "what's the view like from my window." 


Anyways, that's all for this post. An edit will follow when I get the picture scanned. 


Ugh I need to study for MCAT too. It's less than a month away now and I haven't finished 3 sections yet. I'm screwed zzz 


**Edit: Here's the picture! 



I'm the fifth one from the right with a white hat :3 Yea I was a bit camera-shy 



No comments:

Post a Comment