I went in around 9 to the building written on the assignment sheet they gave me at orientation. Since the door required clearance and my badge did just that, I was feeling quite professional until I took two step into the building and became instantly lost. I was able to find someone to ask for my manager's office and this lady was kind enough to take me to her office.
And it turned out to be the other building that's connected to the building I went in. -_____________-
My first day, like my friend said, consisted of a lot of paperwork, setting things up, making sure my sanofi profile runs fine and such. Actual science work included making a few solutions of different mixes and concentrations.
The building is like a rectangle that circles around on each floor. I totally got lost like 10 times just trying to find my way around the place. But the people were great, and a guy from the orientation ended up a part of my research group as well. Very exciting :)

Oh yea, this is my view out of my desk.
I ended up leaving at 5:30 when I thought I'd leave at 5. I missed the 5:10 pm shuttle. I had to wait for the 6:10 in the building when it was pouring out, and the shuttle arrived at 6:30 thanks to traffic. I ended up home around 8pm >.<
After today, I realized that this week may be sorta a bad week for me as an intern because my supervisors have their own specific tasks to do and are often very busy. They would give me an assignment but only able to teach me the procedures verbally before leaving to work on their stuff, and I really have to wait till they're back to ask questions. For example, today I was supposed to do a whole series of aliquots for a lipid sample, but there were about five main parts and I only remembered up to three of them ish. Furthermore, I had to leave at 4:30 to catch the 5:10 shuttle back to Genzyme Center so I left at the normal time. I would have stayed and waited for someone to come back so I can probably finish all the aliquots, but I had to leave.
Oh well. I hope we can get all that stuff done and sorted out tomorrow. In any case, though, the lab is very exciting. The only downside is that I have to wake up around 6am everyday now :( I have to do that so I can leave by 4:30 to catch the 5:10 shuttle back home.
Let's see how long it'll take my body to get used to this drastic change of lifestyle.
And I cannot be more glad that the MCAT class hasn't started
But that should be all. It is now 10:32 pm and I should shower and head off really soon...yea. G'night guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment