Tuesday, August 16, 2011

lettersI'llneversend

When I say I’m over you, I’m not saying that I don’t Love you anymore. It doesn’t mean that I don’t remember those amazing times we’ve spent together or that I don’t occasionally long for the happiness and joy you brought in my life. When I say I’m over you, it doesn’t mean I don’t think about you throughout the day or that it wouldn’t hurt to see you again or to hear your beautiful voice. It doesn’t mean that my Love for you will wane or that I will ever stop caring about you. You were a significant part of my life and I would be ashamed of myself to ever pretend that you weren’t.

But when I say I’m over you, it means I’ve received with perfect clarity and understanding that I was meant for someone else, and so were you. It means that I’ve accepted the fact that you have moved on and will not be returning, and so further pursuit of your heart will only result in deeper scars in my own. When I say I’m over you, I’m saying that I have learned to be happy without you and know that I can Love again when the moment is right. Yeah, the thoughts of you being with another guy hurt, but that’s because of the bond we had developed over nearly six months. However, if you can find the perfect guy who makes you happier than we were and who will help you grow in maturity and in your faith, then no one will be more supportive or happy for you than I.

I AM over you, and I have moved on. I still Love you, but I see now that we will never be. I could never make you happy in the manner you made me happy, because I know I don’t have what you are looking for. And I want to let you know that I am finally okay with that. I have never said a bad word against you or sought to tear you down since we broke up seven and a half months ago. And since then, I have been intent on guarding your heart and attempting to shield it from as much pain from me as possible, despite the attacks mine has endured. For nearly six months I gave you all my Love; now I pray for your happiness to be complete in your future husband, that he may give you what I didn’t have and more, because you are more than worth it. I have healed and I have let you go, however I will never forget the way you used to Love me, though it seems so long ago, because it gives me hope that maybe someone else can Love me too.

I wish you well

I think this is what it means.

No comments:

Post a Comment