Monday, March 7, 2011

distanceII

****

I looked up. Stared at my laptop. Screen's off. Checked my watch. 2:43am. Hm. How long was I asleep for?

The desk was clean. No traces of her. Her touch still lingers in the air. It's there but it's not there. My shoulder feels light. I feel cold.

I miss you.

Screw this, I'm heading back.

****

Looking at the ceiling, I know I'm supposed to be working on schoolwork, but the sound of the heaven touching the earth is soothing enough for anyone to drift into nothingness.

Everything started to feel dizzy. I drifted off, trying to feel her touch.

****

It's Saturday. Rain went away sometime overnight. I imagined the air to be fresher than it was last night, more breathable. My mind's awake, my body not. I shuffled in my bed, tossed and turned, trying not to be awake. Roommate yelled at me, it's 2pm. Yea, sleeping cycle.

I'm not even hungry. But I decided to get out of bed. Grabbed some cereal and jumped on my laptop to work. There seems to be nothing better to do than to drown myself in work, something that completely numbs me. Easier said than done, the final thought seems too far away to be fathomed. I think my roommate said something, but I have earphones on, and I don't care enough. I'm going to power through this.

I find a piece of you in every song I listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment