Idk, I was falling asleep and it just randomly hit me. I should be asleep but I just had to put this down.
A new floormate I befriended recently had a status that was about cuddling, saying that she likes cuddling and what's the matter with that? I responded with a picture of a ginormous dog being cuddled by a girl and said, of course, nothing is wrong with liking to cuddle.
But then it just occurred to me. Why do we even hug? Who do we hug, and WHEN? It's when things aren't well, isn't it, when we need them the most. Do we hug because we want to love? Be loved, since hugging means being hugged also? Now comes the tricky part: When do we actually go for hugs? When should we? Just like my anthropology class mentioned today, it differs from culture to culture, but for most of us, hug and being hugged is normal. But do we want to hug/be hugged or to cuddle/be cuddled? With this question, the act of hugging someone has turned into the different levels of love you give and receive. It gets complicated, doesn't it: If you hug, you get a hug; if you cuddle, you might either get a hug or a cuddle back, because you can tell if the other person wants to cuddle or not.
Now when I think back to that question, the answer is a bit different. It's just too naive to think that you would get the same level of love back simply from a hug. You can really feel it. It is nothing wrong with it, because if you want to give some love, it's the simply way. But if you're looking for something in return, then look elsewhere.
Yes. It is not like everyone always want to give cuddles. Hugs are still different from cuddles, because the two deliver different messages.
Now I feel like I know why I felt...spontaneous about this...
pce.
No comments:
Post a Comment